This weekend I was at my local gym (Omaha Barbell) performing cardio. I know, I know, cardio can be a pain at times, but hey, I have to get healthy somehow. During my cool down sections of my workout, I look around at other people in the gym. Why you ask? Well, it’s simple – I try to find out how every situation is related to SEO or website design.
During my observation, I noticed several people are on autopilot while performing cardio. Now, I have to admit from time to time, I even go off to la-la land while performing a workout.
Gym Members vs. Business Owners – The Difference
Many Owners/Operators and Managers purchasing software, design service and/or update websites all the time without following the SEO process all the way through. It still amazes me at the amount of people who will spend money on expensive bells and whistles like graphic design, logos, and shopping cart software and not take full advantage of the next steps needed to bring in the traffic so people know they exist.
Know Where You Are To Accomplish Goals
Many business owners will admit that they have never looked at website visitor activity or performed KEI of the keywords being utilized within the website. As mentioned in our article “KEI, Another Acronym Within SEO” several companies will spend money on PPC (Pay Per Click) without researching the keywords that Google suggests. Unfortunately, not all the keywords Google suggests for your company are good words to utilize in a PPC Campaign. Several keywords that are low in cost will not bring the website traffic they are looking for. It doesn’t always make sense to go after the most aggressive keywords, even if your main competitors are. Doing keyword research is extremely important so that you can see a profitable ROI.
It is extremely important for all business owners know the basics of what SEO is. Below, our SEO Team have provided a few tips you can perform before starting any SEO Campaign. The following recommendations are not in order.
- For an SEO Kick Start Campaign to be successful all website pages need to be indexed by search engines (Google, Yahoo! and Bing).
- Every website needs to have Google Analytics installed to receive a snapshot of how many visitors there are (daily, weekly, and monthly, yearly). This software will show you where within the website people are visiting and you can program it to show you conversions.
- The design of the website needs to be accessible on any mobile or iPad device. Make your company a part of today’s technology, if you don’t you’re missing out on business.
- Find out which search engine get the most traffic. Typically, Google is the leader in traffic however it depends on the industry, products or services being provided.
- Get an full website analysis that should include an error report. Fix all broken links and errors immediately or hire us to help you. If you don’t it will all fall apart one way or another as you will be losing link juice.
- Research keyword trends and determine how often those keywords need to be updated. Is your business seasonal? Do you sell products only a few months out of the year? If so, market your company the other months of the year.
- Make sure your website HTML code is validated to W3 standards. This is an extremely important step!
- Find out what keywords you’re using today. Understand why you selected these keywords and how much traffic those specific words get. There is keyword research software available that can help, invest in it, or hire an Omaha SEO Expert to perform this for you.
- Get the Meta Description Tags filled out. Some will tell you this isn’t an area that matters. As an Omaha SEO Experts, we highly disagree. Fill out all titles and description, it helps you get categories in search engine and offers you additional chances of being found.
- Ensure that the content on your website is valid to the product/services you provide. At Big Red SEO, we recommend that you have at least 350 words on your webpage. Creating content can be a challenge for some if you run into a challenge we offer content creation services. Your goal with webpage content is that it provides a professional, clear message while including valid keywords that can get you the most traffic.
Following the above recommendations will get any SEO Campaign off to a great start. This is just the beginning however. Do you have questions about Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? Feel free to fill out our contact form or give us a call at (402) 522-6468. We are here to help you understand Search Engine Optimization. We love helping companies gain as much new business as possible.