Here at Big Red SEO, we’re fans of Google! See the picture? That’s one of our SEO experts’ desks! Google is the omniscient and omnipotent being of the search engine optimization world. So with that being said, we think it’s a good idea to get set up on Google+. The plus sign stands for oh so many things, as they offer more than you could imagine. It’s like the golden goose that keeps on giving! Hopefully there’s no giant chasing after it. That would be terrifying!
In order to have a Google+ account, you’ll need to set one up first and here at Big Red SEO we’re here to help you do just that. Follow along below as our search engine optimization team goes step by step to set up your Local Google+ page and of course we’ll explain how it can help your SEO!
Steps to Set up Your Local Google+ Page
- First things first, you’ll need to sign into your Google+ account. In order to do this, you will have to create an account (click on the link above to start that process). During this process, you can add people you know and other businesses you want to follow–you’ll add a picture and some information, and when you’ve done these things you’ll be ready to get started setting up your business page!
- After you have created a Google+ account, you’ll need to click on “Pages” under the “Home” tab in the top left corner (it’s the 7th one down).
- Click “Create a page” in the upper right corner.
- Next, choose “Local Business or Place” category.
- Begin typing the name of address of your business in the designated space and if your business name comes up, click on it. If your business doesn’t appear, click “No, these are not my businesses” or “I’ve correctly entered the business.” Then you’ll be asked to enter additional information (make sure to enter accurate information). Then click submit.
- You’ll be asked to verify this information either by regular postal mail or by your cellphone. This step must be completed before the process is complete.
See, that wasn’t too bad, was it? Now if after you’ve had your business page awhile you’d like to go in and change a few things, we can help with that, too.
- Click on “Dashboard” from the upper left drop-down menu. Under “Complete Your Business Listing,” you’ll be able to add missing information or you can choose “Edit Page” or “Edit Business Information” found in the upper right corner or the page.
- When you’re done editing make sure to click “Done Editing” at the bottom of the page to save your changes. Otherwise, you’ll have to start over. We hate it when that happens!
Note: You can remove information the same way. For more Google+ help questions, visit their support page.
How Does a Local Google+ Page Help Your SEO?
Good question! Our team of Omaha SEO specialists will fill you in. Here at Big Red SEO, the best local SEO company in town, we believe in following legitimate businesses on your Google+ page–the more, the better. This will help you gain more followers as well. Why is more better? Because your information will pop up near the top within their Search Engine Results Page (SERP) just because you’re followers. This is a very good thing! However, in order for your business to be seen as legitimate, you need to fill out all your information on your Google+ page. Not only that, but when Google sees that you took the time to use their resource and have carefully filled out all the information, they’ll reward you by moving your business up in the rankings.
In addition, if you share your quality blog content on your Google+, it should be made easy to share so your followers can reshare it quickly with the simple click of a button to their followers–and so on and so forth. Our search engine optimization experts advise not to spam within your blogs—Google does not like spam. If your company is caught performing spamming techniques you could be penalized.
Contact Big Red SEO Today at (402) 522-6468
If you still need help setting up your Google+ account or if you have any questions regarding its features, give us a call at (402) 522-6468 or get in touch with us via our online contact form. We’d be happy to show you how to optimize your business. Remember, SEO works if it’s done correctly!