Continuing in our SEO 101 series, today we here at Big Red SEO, a search engine optimization company in Omaha, are going to explain how to set up a LinkedIn company profile. We know, we know, another social media platform to maintain? The good news is you’re almost done setting everything up now! So far you’ve set up your Google+ Business Local, Facebook Page, and Twitter account.
LinkedIn is a perfect platform for businesses that want to showcase what they do in a professional setting with other business professionals, potential clients, and future employees. Since you’ve made it through the other setups this one should be a breeze. Let’s continue then, shall we? Learn more from our Omaha SEO specialists below.
Step by Step Process to Setup Your LinkedIn Company Profile
1. Navigate to LinkedIn’s Add a Company page (Note: You’ll have to log in with your LinkedIn username and password to access this page. If you don’t have an account with LinkedIn yet, take this opportunity to sign up!)
2. Enter your company name, your company email address, and check the verify box
3. Click Continue in the blue box towards the bottom of the page
4. Next, you can enter basic information about the company such as—website URL, Description, Industry, # of employees, Location, and your Current Position at the Company
5. Now that you have the basics, you can add flair by including a company logo and other approved employees from the company that can edit the profile as well
After You Create Your Company Profile
Congratulations, your company has completed setting up a LinkedIn account and LinkedIn profile! Now it’s important to use the tools at your disposal to make a compelling argument for your business. Start with writing a detailed summary about your company—include a cover photo, links to services or products, and links to career opportunities; this section is not the same as the “About Us” at the bottom of the page.
If one person follows you, others are sure to join in. Start with asking your employees to connect with the company page. In addition, it’s nice for your followers to see updates about your company, so be sure to post new information or updates every so often. You can even ask for product and service reviews to boost your company’s reputation.
At the moment, you have to pay in order to add careers to your business profile page; however, this is an great place to find talented personnel for an open position at your company.
Note: Our Omaha SEO professionals at Big Red SEO recommend that when you post content of any kind, make sure it has some sort of value to your business’ ideal audience.
Contact Big Red SEO Today at (402) 522-6468
We here at Big Red SEO, an Omaha SEO company, hope our how-to series has helped you gain a following for your business. If you’d like to see another how-to blog for something we haven’t included yet, let us know by contacting us through our online form or calling (402) 522-6468. We’d be happy to write about it in our next blog, as chances are, you aren’t the only one that has that same question.