Omaha SEO 101: Setting Up a Business Twitter Account
In our previous blog postings, our Omaha SEO team gave you step-by-step instructions on how to set up your Google+ business account and your business Facebook page. Today, we here at Big Red SEO are going to tell you how to set up your business Twitter account—like we’ve said, we love to show others how to utilize tools to better their businesses!
All social media platforms are not created equal. Many of you may think if you have a Facebook, you don’t need a Twitter account, too. That’s not accurate information. The simple fact is that different social media accounts attract different audiences. As a business owner it’s recommended to use social media to gain an online audience in other avenues than traditional marketing. When social media is used correctly you can hand pick who you want your target audience to be.
Creating a Twitter Account
Don’t be timid, the process to create and use a Twitter account is fairly easy! Follow along to setup your account and start to gain a following today.
1. First, you have to make a Twitter account by going to http://twitter.com or https://twitter.com/signup to begin the sign up process
2. Fill out the information—name, email address (you must have one in order to finish signing up), a secure password only you would know, and a username (use your business name when possible)
3. It’s important to make sure all your information is correct before you move forward, otherwise you won’t be able to get back into your account later
4. Then click Create my account located in the yellow box at the bottom of the page
5. Sometimes you’ll be asked to type words or numbers into a box before the signup process will finish—this is just to make sure you’re a human and not a robot
6. Last, you’ll get a confirmation email from Twitter to the email address you put in above. Click on the link in the email to confirm that is your email and you did just sign up for a Twitter account
7. See, we told you that wasn’t hard!
What to Do After You Join Twitter
Okay, so now you’ve joined Twitter like countless others have been telling you to do for months, now what? The first thing we recommend is to follow@bigredseo for regular updates from our team! Just click the link, then click “follow” and you’ve just completed your first follow. Our team of Omaha SEO experts want to make it clear that having a Twitter account is important, but we also want to remind you that you don’t want to leave your account dormant—that won’t help your business in any way. You’ll want to choose a few friends or businesses that you want to follow and keep up on the information they put out. However, if at any point you decide you no longer want to follow someone, that is an option you have. For more information about Twitter, click here.
Information about your Username and Email Address
When picking a username, you want to make sure it’s one your followers will know you by and that’s less than 15 characters long. This should go without saying, but pick something that has to do with your business! The good news is that you can change your username in the settings area at any time. In addition, the email address you choose can only be used for one Twitter account. Now on to Tweeting things! (#BigRedSEOisawesome, #thanksBigRedSEO, #weloveBigRedSEO)
Contact Big Red SEO, an Omaha SEO Company Today at (402) 522-6468
Here at Big Red SEO, our Omaha SEO professionals are all about teaching others how to be self-sufficient when it comes to their business websites and social media accounts, but we’re always here to help if any concerns come up as well. If you have any questions about our Omaha SEO process or your social media accounts, call us today at (402) 522-6468.